I’m looking into adding FeedValidator support for Microsoft’s Simple List Extensions Specification, and have a few questions:
- What does it mean if a feed has a
<cf:listinfo>element without a
- What does it mean if an element is repeated in
- What does it mean if an element is listed in both
- How should consumers deal with
items which don’t contain an element which is listed in either a
- Can a User-readable name for the group contain HTML?
- Is it legal to have multiple
<cf:listinfo>elements in a feed?
Answers to these questions, as well as identification of other areas of potential confusion, would be appreciated.
Should there be errors or warnings issued for any of these conditions?
Update: Added question on embedded HTML.
Update: There is now a proposed revision and a wiki page.
Update: Added question on multiple