Nearby: A Homepage of Sean B. Palmer
- NoneOfTheAboveDiscuss . . . . 4 matches
- AtomNameDiscuss . . . . 2 matches
- NameFinalVote . . . . 2 matches
- ProjectNameGuidelines . . . . 2 matches
- ProjectNamesTopVotesSoFar . . . . 2 matches
- IrcChannel . . . . 1 match
- NechoInDublinCoreOptionalRdf . . . . 1 match
- NotaNameDiscuss . . . . 1 match
- RdfAndEcho . . . . 1 match
- RelatedDiscussion . . . . 1 match
- SuperSimpleFeedFormat . . . . 1 match
- VersionNo . . . . 1 match
I've always been interested in any attempts to improve/replace RSS, since RSS (like most formats) has some serious problems. Here, with this project, I think that there are enough intelligent people working on the problem that I can just watch it grow--but I'm contributing where I feel it's necessary for me to do so.
The syntax is so unstable at the moment (end of June, 2003; and still, August 2003) that there's no point really trying to contribute to that until it stabilizes, but it is of course the most important thing. I've added a note on RDF compatibility, which interests me a bit but then I'd rather this be a "plain" text format, I guess.
I've also done quite a lot of work on naming: I wrote the naming guidelines, refactoring them from other people's suggestions elsewhere on the wiki, crystallizing them into a single page. I'm a phenomicist (cf. phenomic defined), so it's natural that I should want to make sure that the project has a decent name. Wyre is the best I've come across so far, but I might try to make some of my own. Pie is craptacular. Echo was alright; shame it conflicted with another project.
More Naming Stuff...
This project is called
Pie (working name)
I'd call it <)) if I had the choice. Not very easy to search for on Google, though.
Links to ProjectNameGuidelines
- NameFinalVoteArchive . . . . 4 matches
- NameIt . . . . 2 matches
- ProjectNameProposals . . . . 2 matches
- SeanPalmer . . . . 2 matches
- GoogleCount . . . . 1 match
- NameItDiscussion . . . . 1 match
- NameItProposals . . . . 1 match
- NoneOfTheAboveDiscuss . . . . 1 match
- ProjectLegal . . . . 1 match
- ProjectNameProcess . . . . 1 match
- wekw . . . . 1 match
Ban the version attribute!
We want Wyre!