On The Move...

Intertwingly.net is moving to DreamHost.  I’m sure that every one of my scripts has hard coded paths or depend on the server being in EST/EDT or will otherwise break for unanticipated (but in retrospect entirely obvious) reasons.  I don’t believe that I will lose any email in the process, but you never know.

My @apache.org email address will not be affected by this move.

Find the fingerprint:

openssl s_client -connect homie.mail.dreamhost.com:995 -showcerts | openssl x509 -fingerprint -noout -md5

Update fetchmailrc:

poll homie.mail.dreamhost.com
  proto POP3
  sslfingerprint '17:F7:F2:FF:4A:9D:C3:D3:2B:8A:E9:12:47:C4:A4:28'
  ....

test

More context on the urgency.  I believe that the author of that piece (a) draws a conclusion “our information is likely more secure in the hands of a giant MegaCorp” based on a single data point, and (b) neglects to make the most important point, namely “have good backups”.

As for me, I believe that everything I have on CornerHost I have replicated elsewhere.  If not, I certainly will be finding out soon.  After all, this is not my first host.

Michael Wallace: nobody’s going anywhere

SimpleID test

Upgrade notes:

Will the directory listing support for [link] return at some point? It’s one of the better places on the internet for examples and inspiration on hand coding SVG:s. :-)

(I tried looking it up for inspiration before playing around with [link] earlier today, but found it error message encumbered, likely on behalf of the Dreamhost move.)

Posted by Johan Sundström at

Can’t blame Dreamhost for this one... what you are (were) seeing was a half done experiment.  I’ve corrected the immediate error you were seeing, but still have a few glitches to work out.

Nice, and thanks! :-) I’m surprised it works as well as it does already, considering the many duplicated id attributes (which sometimes get in the way of inlining over-optimized svg:s of my own).

Posted by Johan Sundström at