- Requires the Silverlight plugin to see the silverlight rendering, and a browser that supports SVG to see the SVG rendering.
- This is a work in progress. Conversion of many SVG features (e.g.,
xlink, and many, many more) are not yet supported. The only feature to date that I have found that I can’t directly support is text-anchor.
- As this is displaying SVG inside of HTML (vs. XHTML), some SVG features may not display properly. In particular, in this iteration xlink isn’t supported. This is a solved problem, it is just that the code necessary isn’t in place just yet.
- On Firefox, the two
textareas are live: make a change to the SVG and see both the Silverlight equivalent and both images update. Make a change to the Canvas, and see the rendering update. For reasons not yet debugged, this doesn’t work on IE.
- You can directly observe the ultra-draconian nature of Silverlight by changing the name of any single element or attribute.
- This code is really, really, grungy. At the moment, I’m simply hacking to see what is possible. Serious refactoring will ultimately be required.
Feel free to view-source, submit patches, or make suggestions. I’m particularly interested in feedback from people who know Silverlight. Some of the Silverlight renderings are incomprehensible to me, for example: this one.