Bloglines Edge Cases
Tim Bray: Sam Ruby tells me there are some lingering corner-case bugs; report ’em and I bet they’ll fix ’em
Let’s find out:
- link/@href: if xml:base is not present, the default base in effect is the URI of the document itself. Example.
- author: these elements seem to be ignored — they used to be supported. Example.
- source: various feed source elements (e.g., title) seem to override the equivalent entry elements. Example.
- updated: this elements indicates when an entry was modified in a way the publisher considers significant Example. (compare the updated values in the feed to the updated values displayed by Bloglines)
- Extra credit: any chance of supporting inline SVG? Example. MathML? Example.
I will say that it feels strange to find Bloglines more responsive than Google Reader, Google Sitemaps, and Blogger. (Hint, hint, nudge, nudge)