Continuations, slightly updated

Frankly, I’m surprised how much interest Continuations for Curmudgeons generated.  I guess that there was a demand for an explanation from the perspective of a C programmer, eh?

Based on two bugs reported in one section, I’ve updated it to reflect that what is being described there is actually a closure, not a continuation.  I’ve also added a section showing how classes are simply a special case of closures.

Your description is a little more down-to-earth than most I’ve seen. I can understand popping references off the stack when a function returns. Most other explanations of continuations are just a bit more abstract and harder to connect with something I already get.

I still don’t grok them, but I think I understand them a little more now.

Posted by Dougal Campbell at

I’ve been doing a lot of non-blocking I/O development these days, and I think, but I’m not sure, that this is the solution to a problem I’ve been trying to solve.

Using typical stack based programming it is required to “rebuild the stack” every time you process more data on a connection from the OS.

This is typically done with state machines.  These machines can quickly get out of control, and I suspect my current project has hundreds of states when all the sub-machines are added up.

If this can be generalized for non-blocking I/O it might radically change the way web apps are developed.

Posted by christopher baus at

Continuations explained

[link]...

Excerpt from del.icio.us/mmower/programming at

In the current Laptop world, getting online traffic for the high ranking of your Website in Google SERPs is absolutely crucial. While the conventional advertisement is very costly. So, in this situation no need to be afraid, Because you can get an extra push with my off-page SEO friendly backlinks Strategy.offpage strategy

Posted by offpage strategy at

I really appreciate you effort to provide such a good content on this specific topic. No doubt, I admire your way of writing and impressed with the lay of your post.Keep continuing starting a coaching business

Posted by starting a coaching business at

Considering buying a Saint Laurent leather jacket? Make sure to read a review before you decide.

Posted by saint laurent leather jacket review at

The Freelancers is an online platform where you have the opportunity to earn money quickly and easily. Services starts from 5 $ including Graphic and Design, Digital marketing, Writing and transaction, Video and animation, Music and Audio, Programming and Tech, Business, Lifestyle Online Curse and Gaming.

Posted by Writing & Translation at

The website is a clothing store that focuses on A genre of clothing called Vaporwave

Posted by Vaporwave Shirts at

MAK Web Design is a web design company located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. We make beautiful, responsive, SEO-friendly websites that show-off your business in an elegant fashion, while also letting your clients truly experience your business.

Posted by Denham Springs web design at

A pet store for dog and cat lovers. We provide quality pet products at an affordable rate. Products we provide includes, collars, leashes, beds, clothing, various pet accessories and much more!

Posted by pet grooming at

nice content, thanks for sharing it. click to know
Quality Panda Products & Panda Accessories Shipped Worldwide. Alongside a frequently updated Panda focused blog and conversation information.

Posted by buy pandas at

Run free and dive into the sky. Hear the wind crying out its prayer Why are we so ashamed to be alive? Break the chains and the freedom’s ours to take...happy wheels

Posted by run 3 at

nice content with great layout. i really appreciate your effort to do this amazing stuff.
Shop Backpacks for less from the Best Brands.

Posted by Kipling Backpacks at

Perfect wedding venue for an affordable wedding right here in the hill country 30 minutes from Austin with panoramic views

Posted by affordable wedding venue in austin at

Travel agency is leading car rental and car hire in Dehradun, We offer cabs on rent,outstation cab service,corporate cab,Airport,railway station transfer and office staff cabs in Dehradun India at affordable price.  We provides taxi service in Dehradun at very affordable price to customers. Whatever your cab requirements is, from corporate travel to airport transfer, individual car hire and car rentals across Dehradun India. We offers the best car hire service in Dehradun. We have a large fleet of Toyota Innova,Chevrolet Enjoy,Swift Dzire,Indica,Ecco and Etios.  We can help you save time and money. Our main idea is based on establishing a direct connection between drivers and passengers.

Posted by tour operator chardham at

You need best SEO tools which are 100% free? Check our Search Engine Optimization tools for checking backlinks, tracking keyword positions backlink maker

Posted by free plagiarism checker no word limit at

Salman Khan is a top rated Bollywood superstar who has made his debut in the Indian Film Industry with “Maine Pyar Kiya “. He also owns a Charitable Organisation known as ” Being Human ” which primarily focuses on health-care and education.

Posted by salman khan wiki at

Surgical Technician Program (Online), Register with Confidence and attend a nationally accredited, but affordable program. In just 4 months, you can finish with two certifications (A national certification as an Electrocardiogram Technician and a certificate of completion as a surgical technician from the school) without a loan on your neck! Dignity College of Healthcare online surgical technician training is far superior than other online surgical Technician programs because it includes the training, exam review and national certification exam for the EKG technician and a comprehensive, but simple tailored program for the Surgical Technician.

Posted by surgical tech training online free at

I really appreciate you effort to provide such a good content on this specific topic. No doubt, I admire your way of writing and impressed with the lay of your post.Keep continuing.

Posted by colleges for surgical technologist at

treasure quest a pirate experience, full immersion fun tasks and puzzles can you escape before all is lost to Davy Jones locker?

Posted by game at

Thanks for sharing your wonderful post.

Posted by buy Juvederm online USA at

Within today’s cost-conscious as well as hyper aggressive trading marketplace, fund supervisors and investors may depend heavily upon computerized buying and selling algorithms which can be found by agents. Without these types of algorithms, brokers may find it hard to retain their own current customers or create start up business opportunities Algorithmic(Algo) Buying and selling requires investors to key in the purchase of described quantity inside models which are quantitative. algorithmic trading

Posted by algorithmic trading at

Thank you for the explanation.

Posted by Headshots at

Thanks for sharing this amazing post.
and effort to provide such a good content on this specific topic. No doubt, I admire your way of presenting .looking forward to read more, Keep continuing. really amazing stuff.

5kits legit

Posted by 5kits legit at

Since one can find thousands for accessory products and services available, it is simpler to think about them at online shops that sell a nice amount of these solutions. One of the main advantages of selling products for laptops online is certainly that online retailers can supply their consumers a lovely online retail outlet with perfect visuals together with content related to specific personal pc accessory products and services. POE OUT GIGABIT P OE REPEATER

Posted by POE OUT GIGABIT P OE REPEATER at

Thanks for sharing this amazing post.
click to know about me in details. decorative concrete patio

Posted by decorative concrete patio at

Thanks for sharing this amazing post.
click to know about me in details. hub pages

Posted by hub pages at

Thanks for sharing this amazing post.
click to know about me in details.
Take maximum precautionary steps to minimize the risks of corona virus

anti-coronavirus