Unitarian Jihad

Jon Carroll: We are Unitarian Jihad, and our motto is: “Sincerity is not enough.” We have heard from enough sincere people to last a lifetime already. Just because you believe it’s true doesn’t make it true. Just because your motives are pure doesn’t mean you are not doing harm. Get a dog, or comfort someone in a nursing home, or just feed the birds in the park. Play basketball. Lighten up. The world is not out to get you, except in the sense that the world is out to get everyone.

And, I kid you not, my assigned Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Love and Mercy.

Get yours.

I got “Brother Jackhammer of Courteous Debate”. Well.

Posted by Robert Sayre at

My hash name (hash house harriers) is Flesh Torpedo, since I was a US Navy Fire Controlman at the time of christening.

A source of wry amusement for a (lovingly) right-wing Baptist sort of fellow.

Posted by Chris Smith at

My hash name (hash house harriers) is Flesh Torpedo

Wow, TMI.

They call me . . . Brother Mace of Contemplation
. . . but I might pick my own :D

Posted by Paul Wilkins at

Such silly names.  But such a great cause.  We smile, but perhaps a few “dignitaries” and/or “edifices of evil” need to meet with some dynamite.  Get them before they get us.

Posted by Mike Guilford at

Saw this on Sam’s blog. and thought I would give it a try. My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Hand Grenade of Enlightenment. Get yours....

Excerpt from codeja vu : time to refactor at

Dear Brothers Jackhammer, Torpedo, Mace, and Hand Grenade, let me Introduce myself.  I am known as Brother Cattle Prod of Compassionate Non Dualism, but you can call me Brother CP!

Posted by greatwhitebear at

There is already a radical splinter group, the Discordian Universalists....

[link]

-Brother Rail Gun of The Short Path

--Mathias Timidi Cono Klast

---Discordian Universalist

----Hwictkwitshabcalta

Posted by MathiasTCK at

With a respectful tip of the hat to Monty Python, I must point out that the Discordian Universalists are a backsliding apostatic bunch of idiots!  The only true radical splinter group is the Universal Discordiasts.

And, of course, the Unitarian Jihad, moderate praise be upon them.

Posted by Brother Dennis, Machine Gun of Humanism at

If you haven’t signed up with the Unitarian Jihad and gotten your Jihadi name yet, there’s still time. There’s still time right now, that is. Don’t wait too long, if you know what’s good for you. My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Logging Chain of...

Excerpt from john_m_burt at

my hash name (hash house harriers) is “Sneak Attack.” My Unitarian Jihad name is: Brother Machete of Forgiving Contemplation. It’s a nice thing.

Posted by buzz at

Sister Venerable Plasma Rifle of Unassuming Tranquility, at your service.

I’ll be heading over the Discordian Unitarian page now...

Posted by Ryn at

greetings, brothers and sisters! my name is singe, archangel of solarian fusion of droll delight, and I am over the moon to find such like-minded souls who saw or heard the graffiti in new york; PLEASE, GOD, PROTECT US FROM THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN YOU!

Posted by tlbartlett at

My son suggested I be Sister Guillotine of Anti-Evangelism.

Posted by Tina Gardner at

Jackhammer of Desirable Mindfulness, and I don’t know when I’ve had a nickname that suited me better.

Posted by Carny Asada at

Brother Pepper Spray of Enlightenment, at your service.  No more suitable name has ever been given.

Jon Carroll (via Sam Ruby): We are Unitarian Jihad, and our motto is: “Sincerity is not enough.” We have heard from enough sincere people to last a lifetime already. Just because you believe it’s true doesn’t make it true. Just because your motives...

Excerpt from Sonosphere / Doug Wyatt at

doesn’t suit me,but it’s a beautiful name...and a right and impossible cause.believing it’s true is not enough...sometimes even doing something about it doesn’t make it true.but keep on fighting..we are with you

Joyous Cricket Bat of Serene Kindness

Posted by mauve silver at

While the Universal Discordiasts may be a popular group, they draw every one of their philosophical underpinnings from Discordian Universalist concepts.  I know we are all familiar with the complicated relationship between the two groups, I’m sure no one wants another flame war.

It’s just hard not to draw a parallel between the Universal Discordiasts attempts to dominate our philosophical paradigm, and Microsoft’s and Disney’s attempts to strangle the lifeblood out of all creative action through their abuse of the concept of intellectual property (a concept that has outlived it’s usefulness to the public at large).

[link]

-Brother Rail Gun of The Short Path
--Mathias Timidi Cono Klast
---Discordian Universalist
----Hwictkwitshabcalta

Posted by MathiasTCK at

Fnord Reminder to follow this discussion CloseFnord

FnordI’m just reminding myself to follow this discussion, and defend us from these Universal Discordiasts.[link]...

Excerpt from First Community of Discordian Universalism at